Tuesday, September 16, 2008

iPod Shuffle? Why I Hardly Even...

First, I have a new iPod Shuffle, courtesy EWT trading. They were giving out free iPod Shuffles to graduating CS majors who sent in their résumés. I thought, why not? And here's a picture of my newly obtained iPod Shuffle.Notice that it is sitting on top of Edythe-EEE.

I hate iTunes. Okay, maybe hate might be a tad too strong a word, but at least, the way iTunes supposedly mangles one's music files/directories while trying to be "helpful" makes me sad. If you looked carefully at the picture, you'll find that Edythe-EEE is running a program: gtkpod. It is yet another open source program that can fulfill a need that I require.

On another note, the battery of my Motorola V195 is bjorked. Couple that with a rather loose hinge, it is high time to get a new phone. I'm not sure if the service plan works that way, so I decided to get an unlocked Motorola V197 instead. Notice my fascination with clam shells still.

Hopefully things will start to fall in place.

Oh, the B♭ soprano clarinet has arrived, and I've basically tuned it somewhat. Turns out that the notation for the instrument is weird; it writes E but sounds like a D, which confused the hell out of my ears while trying to figure out the actual tuning of the instrument. It also appears that my horrendously powerful lung power acts up again, and ends up causing the instrument to be sharp by 25cents before proper tuning.

The reed case has arrived, and now the clarinet is almost fit for playing. I just need to practice more on it so that I don't squeak that much 30 minutes into the playing.

That's about it for now, I guess...

No comments: