Monday, March 14, 2022

π-day!

Today was π-day.

Normally on π-day, I would grab a bunch of pies (usually dessert), round up some of the office folks that I am close to, and call a π-day celebration of eating pies during an afternoon tea break.

Last year I was on a sabbatical, and so I spent π-day pretty much alone.

This year... even though I'm at work at the office, thanks to the general trend of the workplace in SIN city from pandemic measures, there is no one else that is there.

And so, it's yet another π-day spent alone.

I had two pies---a classic chicken pot pie during my lunch break, and then a butter chicken pie in the evening. They were savoury pies---dessert pies are a little more difficult to find these days, with my general location being far from dessert bakeries as compared to last time when I could easily get a pecan pie to share.

------

I've started on the great aquarium in Minecraft. The glass walls have been put up, and I've been digging up the ice from a frozen river ``near'' to my hill-top base as part of a two-step process to fill the aquarium up with source blocks. So far, I have filled in about half the upper surface of the aquarium with the ice blocks (which melt under the light from the industrial platform, leaving behind an `X'-pattern that I had to melt away with torches) that created the flowing water. I've started on laying out the kelp, but I do not have enough of it to do all of them at one go---I had enough to set up maybe four full 25+ blocks of water columns. So I laid out what I have so far to grow enough of them to use it that way.

That takes a while.

The other thing that I need to do is to find an ocean monument to find the right blocks necessary to power the conduit in the middle of the great aquarium.

That takes a while too.

Subsequently, I'd like to populate the floor of the great aquarium with corals, and maybe fill it with some uparupa... I mean axolotls, tropical fish, salmon, cod, and if possible, dolphins.

That will also take a while.

All in all, the great aquarium will be a massive undertaking. That hill clearance and subsequent glass-walling is literally just the easy part.

Hahahaha... that's Minecraft for you. But at least there's persistence and a sense of achievement.

Alright, that's all I have to write for now. Till the next update then.

No comments: