Sunday, November 04, 2007

malloc() Lab is Finally Here

I like taking long walks in the cold outside, especially when it is dark. It is a most wondrous feeling, to be able to meld into the shadows and enjoy the cool winds blowing into my face. I'm usually feeling hot, and so I always love the cold weather (no, I don't actually perspire that much, so I don't actually stink).

It is amazing how a nice walk can help clear the mind. This, with the fact that I actually have a nice portable recorder with me, which means that I can easily record my thoughts and ideas as and when I have them, and can later transcribe them into a more useable form.

I figure, if I need to use technology to help myself, I might as well make it completely and absolutely workable.

In other news, this weekend is simultaneously the most stressful and relaxing weekend so far. It's stressful because the hardest lab of my Introduction to Computer Systems course (the malloc() lab) is finally here. In case you were wondering, this lab just wants us to write a dynamic memory allocator. I've a few ideas on how to do it, and now it is just the writing of the code that is going to consume the most time.

Oh yeah, the weekend is the most relaxing so far, simply because I've already completed my ML code for my other programming-based class. Just lying in the horizon are my Logic assignments, as well as my Probability and Computing homework. That and a whole bunch of administrative mumbo-jumbo that I need to settle.

Alright, enough of random talking. I need to get back to work.

[Ed: If you are here looking for solutions to malloc() lab, shame on you. Go do the thinking yourself and learn instead of hitting the internet for answers.]

No comments: