Sunday, November 26, 2006

Broken Promises, one by one

A promise made, a promise break. That seems to be the way that I am doing things now. Why? Why did I turn into this, untrustworthy fellow? I never did rescinded on what I promised, but now, it seems common place that I just miss the targets that I set.

I promised Irene to build the photomosaic, but I didn't.

I promised SK that I'd complete the experiment and write the paper, but I didn't.

I promised Nicole to write to her, but I've stopped.

I promised myself to complete NaNoWriMo, but I didn't.

Why? Why? What have I turned into? Why am I suddenly such a breaker of promises? What caused me to turn into this... abomination? When will I start to make my promises worthed it's weight in gold again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bro, it really depends on what made you break your promise. I can't say too much of this since only you know full well of the contexts where your promises were made.

As a general rule, you don't have to make promises. You can still do exactly what you intended without making that commitment. And you will be happier.