Monday, October 06, 2008

Random Blathering

Generally speaking, I actually like using my external keyboard to type long-ish essay-like things, like blog posts, essays/papers, and LATεχ documents. But when it comes to code, I have a tendency to prefer my laptop keyboard over the external one. Till date, I have not really figured out why that is the case; one theory that I have is that when I'm programming, my fonts tend to be much smaller than when I'm typing essays of other sorts, and that I don't usually need to refer to any source materials in the interim, and thus pulling Elyse closer to work on the code is more productive than trying to use the external keyboard.

But having an external keyboard is quite awesome. By design, my work desk in the dorm has a slide drawer, which I can easily slip my external keyboard into. This gives a slightly different angle for typing, which makes it useful when I need to change the angle due to stress on the arms/fingers.

Alright, enough of random blathering—back to work I go.

No comments: