Friday, April 09, 2010

Day of the Endless Run

Man... each time a week passes in real life, I feel as though I've aged by ten weeks. So much to do, and so little time to do them all---sometimes I wonder how on earth do I pull it off.

I've been sick on and off for the last four weeks. Yep, that's right, I've been having a cold/flu combination for almost a month. Never really went to see a doctor, because I wasn't unwell enough to warrant a visit to them to collect a day's medical leave; I'm already short on time and having days lost to medical leave will be among the last things on my mind.

Two days ago it was the worst---thick phlegm clogging up my nose completely, and the interior structures of my nose were so swollen they were also actively blocking my passage way completely. But some paracetamol and pseudophredine later, the swelling has subsided to acceptable levels, acceptable in the sense that I can breathe decently through them.

Man... I better catch up on that sleep this Sunday, otherwise it'll be the beginning of week five of being sick.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Perhaps there are medicines that don't require a visit to the doctor?

And on some level shouldn't be happy that a week feels like 10? That makes the finite amount of time to spend feel longer.

The_Laptop said...

Oh don't get me wrong---I didn't visit any doctor for the meds I was taking since they were over the counter generics.

In some ways that's a very interesting perspective. Maybe I should see things more positively...