Monday, March 14, 2011

Killing Me Softly with This Work

Okay, so this is a mostly unplanned entry (not that the other entries are any more planned), but I suppose I just feel like talking random things today.

I think as a whole I'm just getting very very tired about a lot of things. Everything seems to be coming in large droves, and at times, it does feel a little overwhelming, though it hasn't gotten to the point that I feel like crying for help yet. Perhaps I'm stronger than I thought I was, or maybe I'm just too much of a nut case to realise just how much pressure I really am under.

In times of great pressure, I am slowly finding that keeping to myself makes a whole lot of difference to the whole mechanics, partly because there is little time wastage in having to deal with people. With those precious minutes saved in dealing with people, I can actually start to apply the time to myself from a much better position, since I alone can dictate how the time should be spent on what activity, and not have to play ``nice'' and follow the crowd, which, more often than not, display a general lack of discipline with regards to how time is used.

Of course, being alone in most regards does strange things to the mind. You become more paranoid about things that happen around you, and you start to think of things that shouldn't have appeared in your mind at all---some might call this a delusion, and I am not about to debate on that. Delusional or not, I think I'm starting to feel the effects of having worked non-stop for six months.

Six months with hardly a break.

Six months.

To be precise, it is probably longer, since the last time I went on a week's leave, it was spent working on yet another work-related project. No wonder I'm fast going insane and weirder than usual.

*sigh*

Anyway, this time I've decided to get another week off for myself just to unwind and relax. It's just so hard to pick a week among the myriad of weeks to take time off for myself---there's always this meeting here, some deadline there, and everyone wants a bit of you everywhere you look. But I suppose enough is enough, and I probably need the break badly---I can't keep going on like this, or there won't be a me left very soon.

Maybe I will write more next time. For now, I suppose this little expulsion should suffice.

No comments: