Thursday, January 03, 2013

Quick Summary

So, a quick summary of what I had written in 2012:
  1. 57 poems posted here
  2. 66 essays/rants posted here
  3. 3 prose/stories posted here
  4. 1 NaNoWriMo winning entry available here
And thus the grand total here is 127 articles, down from the 156 articles in 2011.

That's an average of 0.34 pieces of writing a day, compared to 0.43 last year. Again, we see a general downward trend in the amount of leisurely writing I do, partly because I have been writing so much daily for my work/studies. Every day I write anything from 400 to 1000 words about the research work that I am doing, and really, at the end of it all, I just don't feel the need nor energy to write even more things.

Last year was quite a major turning point in my life---I started struggling even harder through my PhD programme in UIUC. It dominated most of my life to the point that I just had to give it up. Doing so meant that I had to deal with the aftermath of that. Will I regret this in the future? Perhaps not, but only time will tell if this is the best decision to make.

Other than that, 2012 was really quite uneventful. I wrote a fantasy story for my NaNoWriMo entry, something that I had never done before. I'm not particularly pleased with the ending as it felt rushed, so perhaps I might actually fix that during this year before November comes by again.

Well, that's all I have. Onward to a better tomorrow, I suppose.

No comments: