Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Welcome to July

July. The beginning of the second half of the year. How time flies.

I am nearly halfway through my insane story-fragment-a-day journey. To tell the truth, I am getting rather fatigued by it. There are quite a few days where I just had to take time off from it all, and just not write anything, hoping that I can fill in the gaps the next day, or sometimes, within the next few days. WriteThis is still doing a decent job, but it is me who is not catching up well.

I find that my writing is lacklustre.

Not to mention that sometimes I cheat. Six word stories are hardly worthy enough to be called ``prose'', the underlying principle behind the writing anyway, yet it had been done quite a few times where I had to do something but had no wherewithal to actually do it.

But as I said, we're halfway through. Once this year is up, I will have to decide how best to carry on filling up entries on my prose blog. This is, of course, not considering the amount of writing that I need to do for this year's NaNoWriMo, which I haven't actually planned in anyway other than that it should be part of a larger narrative that I am supposed to be writing.

Speaking of writing, I have rebuilt all the NaNoWriMo entries. The oversized text on ``A5'' paper was starting to get on my nerves, and I fixed the source files to generate things according to letter-sized instead. The files preserve their old name and are shorter in page count and look a little more readable instead of something designed for those under twelve.

I have also put up A Missed Connection as a PDF for download as well.

I suspect I'm in some kind of an emotional slump. Maybe I need to do something physical again to rebuild sufficient levels of happy-hormones so that I stop feeling this way. And with that, this entry ends.

2 comments:

Anchovy said...

Ippon seoi-nage.

The_Laptop said...

Most definitely. No Hakko-denshin Ryu dojos here though, so it'll be back to Aikido for me.

My broken big toe has enough time to heal over completely now, so it's time to get back to training.