Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Intermezzo

In case people were wondering, well, I'm still around.

Nearly a month has passed since the last time I wrote anything here, and much of the same is still... the same. The changes are still coming, and the jury is still out on the ramifications of it all.

I'm still in the eye of the storm as the chaos surrounds me. I'm not feeling too great, but I don't think I'm in too shabby a state either. I've taken up running again as my anti-depressant in these stressful times, especially since I've more or less given up on Aikido for now because of my erratic work schedule---evening time is so much harder to plan for as compared to waking up stupid early to run around the neighbourhood.

We've finally moved to our temporary holding place for CO, and we're starting to get a sense of the place all over again. Everyone's lives have started to turn hectic, what with the end of the year examinations and other developments. Maybe things will settle down in a week or two when some form of routine emerges.

Work wise, same old same old---nothing more to add.

I've already decided on this year's entry for NaNoWriMo---The Goodbyes. The entire fubar quality of 2016 is starting to hit me and I feel inspired to write about all these negativity into a novel of some sort as a way of purging it from my system. And of course, like a true Wrimoer, I'm going to wing this when the timer starts come November first.

In between the last post and this, I have finally debuted with Mio. It was pretty rough, trying to play the bass flute with little to no amplification, but I think that gentle buzzing helped to bolster the rather weak low range of our tiny CO. Such luxury can only be had because for those couple of performances we have two other dizi players already, and having a third one (i.e. me) was just a recipe to be overly loud.

Hmm... what else is there to write?

I honestly don't know. There are a few nebulous things floating about in my head, generating the occasional headache, but that's about it.

Maybe till the next time.

No comments: