Sunday, August 02, 2020

I Didn't Feel Like Writing Anything

I didn't feel like writing anything. Because it felt like too much effort. To be fair, I actually did start on something yesterday involving Ecclesiastes 3:1--8, but I couldn't follow through. It was the same reason when I decided to take down my own thoughts involving my journey through martial arts---until I have reached the proverbial ``black belt'' (i.e. to be in a position where I can comfortably say that I have mastered the basics), it just didn't feel right to be talking much about something I didn't fully understand the full implications of yet.

And that's also why it took me so long before I decided to write up on my dizi materials. I have played the dizi long enough that I feel comfortable sharing what I had learnt, because I knew that I had the experience to back it all up.

Talking about Scripture when I am barely a neophyte in the ways of Christ is the most hubristic thing that I can think of. Actually, I'm not even sure that when the day comes where I am conversant with the Word, whether I would even express my thoughts on it here. Such is the level of sensitivity of a knowledge that I cannot easily put into a form that avoids the fundamental notion of faith.

------

So, if I didn't feel like writing anything, what am I doing here then? Mostly it is a way to test the typing comfort of Eileen-II's keyboard. There are some quirks here and there with the placement of the Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/Del/Ins keys, but that will always be a problem for all laptops. At least this one doesn't have the separate number-pad---I dislike laptops having that because it completely screws up the alignment of the keyboard itself. As a matter of practicality, the keyboard proper is ``centred'' with that of the screen, but when there is a numpad, the regular typing area is completely skewed to the left, which stinks. In the early days of using a full keyboard, I've developed the habit of realigning it such that the general typing area is aligned with the centre of my body, which itself is aligned to where I would like to look at the screen, which is usually dead centre.

Well, that's about as much as I would want to write for now.

Till the next update, I suppose.

No comments: