Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Quickie

I... got annoyed at the terrible syntax highlighting for the QuickBASIC dialect of BASIC in Vim. And so, I've been spending time working on it today, after I had read the chapter on Romans from the ESV Study Bible.

I also updated my main house in Minecraft, expanding the outside porch with smooth stone, and adding a new brick wall (more like fences from a game mechanics perspective) perimeter. I experimented a little with using firework rockets for my crossbow: I didn't like the high variance in damage, and mob densities really don't justify the need for such a large AOE attack in the first place. I also did a little exploration with my Elytra to find the treasure with a treasure map that I found, and it was cool.

My next projects in my Minecraft world would be to build an auto-sorter at my mob farm, and a couple of sugar cane farms under my mob farm so that I can easily harvest and build rockets, TNT, and other fun things like make use of the bone meal which I can get from crushing the large amounts of bones that my mob farm drops.

Anyway, that's all for today's entry. I'm going to work more on that syntax highlighting script. Till the next update.

No comments: