Saturday, April 02, 2022

Out of Spoons

I gave up for today.

I had simply ran out of spoons.

The past week at work saw me having to talk/deal with too many people, under too many intensive situations, for too long.

I just don't like that. It drains a lot of out me. It drained a lot out of me. And so, I just... didn't feel like I wanted to deal with more people today.

And so, I gave up for today.

That means not going for service, and not going for rehearsal. Just staying at home, with my door closed, and looking out of the window with my head empty, no thoughts, and probably have an early night.

I did head out at some point in the afternoon for a short cycle around the northeast riverine loop. There was a diversion due to yet more ``improvement works'', but what made this trip memorable was that it stormed about a third of the way through. The rain came down hard, and visibility was easily reduced to about 10 m. I wore my usual glasses, which helped a little in keeping the direct strikes of the rain drops on my eyes, but whatever did land on my eyes felt quite hard upon my eye lids. It doesn't sting the way sweat does, but it was still rather annoying at times.

The rain did help wash down my bicycle though---it was gathering dust the way everything that sits outside of boxes do.

So, I suppose I had a little stupid but fun thing going. What made me a little happy about it all was that my level of fitness wasn't that garbage that I ended up being winded from it all (it is still, however, pretty bad I think). I'll probably go for a longer trip on one of the off-days that are provided for at work; not another 70+ km trip, but something that is of a considerable distance.

Anyway that's all for now. Till the next update, I suppose.

No comments: