Thursday, October 20, 2022

Tension Headaches... Again

This week... was a bust.

I was hit with a nasty tension headache that was ameliorated only through a few days of mandated rest and orphenadrine-infused paracetamol from the doctor.

In addition, I was also hit with random bouts of low grade fever (the so-called febricula).

The combination of it all meant intense brain fog that made thinking hard to impossible.

I absolutely hate that. That's why as part of my own thought experiments, I think I'd rather euthanise myself when I eventually get diagnosed with dementia---I'd rather leave the mortal coil on my own terms while I am still mentally competent than to lose what is essentially me, leaving behind a husk of a body. But part of that difficulty is defining where the boundary of the point of no return should be---should it be at the moment where I am diagnosed as having dementia, or should it be when I realise that I am losing it, diagnosed or otherwise, or should it be left to the consensus of the people whom I interact with?

Each has its pros and cons, and I have not figured out the best strategy yet. Which is why there is still no page on my own domain that leaves behind explicit instructions on how to handle me when I am no longer competent. Whatever I may end up putting up needs to be sufficiently ironclad that no one can collude and harm me, while at the same time, not prolong my own suffering---a difficult trade-off.

Anyway, thanks to all that, this week is a bust. Thankfully there's yet another mandated ``wellness day'' thing that is a declared day-off on Friday, which when combined with Deepavali on Monday, leads to an excessively long four-day weekend.

Whatever shall I do with all that time?

Not completely sure. There are some partial plans that I am not at liberty to reveal here till perhaps after the fact, and apart from that, I don't have much else in mind.

Maybe restarting my more ``hard-core'' practising of flute/dizi. Or building more of my Minecraft castle. Or grind through the Son of Sparda difficulty of Devil May Cry 5, the ``true'' starting difficulty of the game.

Who knows?

This post is fairly short... just wanted to note that I'm still not dead yet, and that the days are still bloody hot and muggy.

Till the next update then.

No comments: