Monday, October 24, 2022

Recalling the Last Four Days

As I write here, the day is ending.

A trite observation in some sense, but then again, this is one of two ``mandated'' long weekends for this year from my employer due to the addition of a gazetted break day to the government declared one.

So four days. Across these four days I...
  • Finished re-reading The Sandman;
  • Caught up on the latest for One-Punch Man manga adaptation;
  • Caught up on Komi Can't Communicate manga;
  • Completed A Hat in Time;
  • Completed version 1.0 of Vampire Survivors;
  • Replaced my 12-year-old mattress with a new one;
  • Finally started on The Complete Calvin and Hobbes: Book One (1985--1988);
  • Completed the perimeter wall shape for my castle project in Minecraft;
  • Hung out with some friends old and new playing games (Singapore Dream, Splendor, and Unstable Unicorns);
  • Finally picked up Aurelia to doodle on---I've been meaning to do so, but kept being distracted on other instruments like Eliana, and Mio;
  • Accidentally partook in the Deepavali lighting festivities out in Little India while on the last bus heading home (the police presence was heavy with deployed riot police command centres);
  • Continued with a summoning build that I started quite a long time ago in Grim Dawn; and
  • Catch up on some of the Hololive/Holostars EN folks.
It was definitely a feature-filled four days, coupled with generally adequate amounts of sleep (that is going to go awry when the work week begins anew).

Head is comfortably empty; I feel fairly relaxed. With that new mattress, there is definitely a break between before this four-day break, and the last quarter of the year.

Oh, and NaNoWriMo is coming up. I've a rough idea of my new novel, currently titled Dig It All Realisation. Still needs to have the draft structure set up though... which I think I will do some time later this week.

I think that's about it. It's a really short post as these posts go. Just wanted to make a note of it here so that perhaps some time in the future, I can look back on this date and summon up the memories that I didn't write in here.

Till the next update.

No comments: