Wednesday, October 07, 2026

``Darkness Will Fade Away...''

Back in June, I wondered if IRyS's sololive had a cinema live-viewing.

Yes, there was! And I was there!
I ran out of leave for this year, having taken the remaining of them for these two months' of Fridays for AFE JB rehearsals, but had some off-in-lieu from the Astana work trip that I could expend.

Best use of 1/2-day off-in-lieu in a damn while.

I love IRyS's singing, and she sang a whole damn lot throughout the concert yesterday. It was banger after banger after banger---you can catch the free preview on YouTube:

Yes, she looks sexy, but that's not the point! The singing is absolute fire, and that was what really drew me to her all those years ago when she first made her debut as the first EN member after the hololive -Myth- ladies.

I had a great time, even though it was a Tuesday, and I had to take a bus down towards the city even as it is getting locked down in preparation for the F1 Night Race.

The best part was when she sang the final song for the night, Caesura of Despair. All night, she was swapping between her 3D concert outfits, but for this, she went back to her default outfit, and with that, a whole montage of five years of singing and other streaming activities.
It was powerfully moving---I cried. This was a girl whom I had watch through the years, and had cumulated into this sololive.

Ina and Kiara's concert didn't evoke as strong feelings as IRyS's for some reason. Maybe it's because IRyS was in many ways more orphaned than the other girls in the overall hololive scene---she debuted solo originally as a VSinger in the English branch, but that eventually went away. The original Project: HOPE VSinger project went away when the original director was ousted due to... shall we say unlikeability by the talents. Then there was a period where IRyS's original design had to be redone to better fit the live2D aesthetic necessary as a VTuber and later on, 3D models. And being a solo debutante meant that for quite a while, her place among the hololive EN ladies had been fluid, good in the sense of expanded horizons, but bad in the sense of a lack of a ``generation'' to consistently have support for.

It took her a while to get to here today. While she's not as OG as the hololive -Myth- ladies, she was the in-between before hololive -Council- was a thing. Eventually, she found her place among all the friends, even creating stronger links with the JP holomems.

And she has won the heart of the IRyStocracts with her great singing, YabaIRyS tendencies, and general goofiness that made her endearing; diva-esque singing without being an insufferable diva.

I don't think I feel qualified enough to heap on more praises on IRyS. Suffice to say, that concert was magical in a different way from Drawn to Dawn and Serendipity.

Now, allow me to re-listen to her music once again, and re-live what I saw last evening. Till the next update.

No comments: