Sunday, June 18, 2006

Tickets... Tickets... TEEEKETS

Calling all who read my blog (and will be in Singapore on 29 Jul 2006):

I've been the Teck Ghee Community Club Chinese Orchestra for more than ten years. This year will be the last year that I will be with them, before I leave for my studies in the States. To commemorate the times I had with them, there will be a concert put up by the Orchestra at the Grassroots' Club Theatrette next to Yio Chu Kang MRT Station on 29 Jul 2006 at 1930hrs.

Tickets are priced at $6 each. If you are interested, please drop an Anonymous comment to this post with your name and contact number in the message (the comments are moderated, so I get to see them before the world does, thus ensuring your privacy), as well as the number of tickets. I will contact you shortly to transfer the tickets to you.

Please do come and support. For those who know me, this is a rare opportunity to see a different side of me, the artistic side as opposed to the Über-programmer persona. For those who don't, this is an opportunity to see how a Chinese Orchestra formed in the Community Club stacks up in her own major concert.

Either way, this event should not be missed.

Apart from me on the 笛子, there will be appearances by 智琦 on the 扬琴, and 佩秦 on the 二胡, presenting their own solo pieces. Among the highlights include the premierè of 乡音, a composition of music advisor for the Orchestra, 李本基老师.

What are you waiting for? Order a ticket now! :-)