Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Angry" Rant?

So I was kinda mulling around, reading various blogs when I realised that perhaps in some ways, people have already started to forget about me. I mean, I don't feel happy/sad or anything, but it is just one of those realisations that hit one after a rather long period of festering in one's mind.

Why do I say that people have already started to forget about me? Well, let's face it. In my past period of this life, I was generally a prick (still am, just that here, everyone else seems kinda more weird than I am, so I'm in good company), and already that is something that people don't particularly like, to start with. Next, being the person I am, sometimes I just get on folks' nerves, without realising it.

Also, I have this rather bad habit of setting the bar a little too high wherever I go, which makes everyone ever so annoyed.

Base line really, is that most folks probably don't like me much, and since I am kinda out of sight at the moment, it would seem like a great idea that I would also be out of mind. *shrugs* But then again, life goes on, and we find new people to hang out with—that is the cycle of life, and there's little that we can do about that, or can we?

I'm not some glamorous popularity whore; I just be myself for the most part, and if folks think that it'd be great to hang out with me, then I'm okay with it; similarly, if they thought that it would be terrible to hang out with me for one reason or another, I'm still okay with it too.

Gone are the days where I place friendship to such a high level where I end up getting hurt by it all. Gone are the days where I valued each and every person to the point that when they hurt me, they do a good job. I'm a different person now; I fear not the concept of loneliness because I am not lonely. I do not fear what people try to do to me in order to hurt me, because I am now harder to hurt than before.

So, go ahead and forget me then. There's nothing wrong with that, just a part of the cycle of life. You might forget me, but that doesn't mean that I will forget you. So, maybe one day you decide to come back into my life and be a friend once more, I won't welcome you with the eagerness that I had a long time ago, but you will not be turned away, for you were once a friend, and will always be, unless of course you did something truly and utterly despicable to me or to the ones I love and care for, then in that case may my fist be the one that smites you to the ground for the injustices that they had suffered.

No comments: