Sunday, March 02, 2008

Reflective Mood

Another day's passing, another day that I've aged and another day that has been lost if it were not live thoroughly. Yes, it is rather strange to be thinking like this, particularly early in the morning when one has just woken up. But I cannot seem to help it—it always fascinates me how people can have the willpower to live and believe in themselves.

Not that I'm in an existential crisis at the moment, but some mild reflection about the past seems to suggest that one of the reasons why I was rarely happy was largely due to the fact that I kept letting myself be pressurised by the people around me. I know inside me that I don't really like to conform to conventions for as much as I can get away with, but my actions for the most part seem rather contradictory.

If there is a positive change in my attitude when I'm studying overseas, it would be that I'm slowly learning to think for myself once more, making my own decisions, and live having to decide on what I had decided on. Let's just say that this is the free-spirit in me talking, and that the other me has little to say about things.

I think that I'm rambling again. Alright, on to some "real" news. This week was the start of the death march week; the one week just before the start of spring break. There's so much homework due, so much midterms to be had, and so much other things that I need to deal with to get on with life.

Well, I'm not afraid, neither am I alone. She's there, and helps to keep my sanity. The more that I spend time with her, the more that I find myself liking her more. I can't put my finger to exactly what makes her so fascinating and sweet, but a good guess will be that of having a real personality.

I mean, let's face it. Many of the girls that I've known are too stereotypically female, you know, all "weak and wide-eyed", but most importantly, overly dependent on other folks. While I like my companion to be somewhat dependent on me, I don't really want one who is so dependent to the point where it starts becoming ridiculous. But she's different. She's rather independent, has a rather sociable and joviable demeanour, and is all for hugs. Yes, you heard that right, she absolutely adores hugs. And I do too, but most folks just don't like hugs. So, in a way, one might say that we're well-matched.

Alright, enough of all these nonsensical rambling. By now, you'd have realised that the frequency with which I am updating my blog(s) is getting a tad on the low side. It's not that I'm about to abandon my writing in favour of real life, but it is really about having to have something to write before starting to write. Most of the updates that you'll fine are likely to be in The_Laptop Scribbles... as I do those 10-minute speed writing sessions through exercises generated by WriteThis. Rants should be far and few; tumultous times are marked by increased activity in trying to vent away one's dissatisfaction with the current lot in life.

That said, I'll strive for a weekly rant just to keep things interesting here, as we've discovered that people usually prefer gossip over fiction. >.>

No comments: