Sunday, June 08, 2008

A Class Meet-Up

Right. So yesterday was a class reunion of sorts, where all the misfits who made up my old class were supposed to meet. It was an interesting meet up, to say the least, because all the misfits of old are now fledging members of normal society with little of the misfit-ness that was the driving characteristic of our class.

Well actually, not all the misfits are fledging members of normal society. I'm still pretty much a misfit given my geekiness.

Heh. I still can silence the whole table with one sentence of network communications protocol, which shows pretty much that I still have that "oh my god I have no clue what you just said" property, which is probably no different from the old days. Not that I don't like it much, but it is just one of those things that sometimes it might be good to not have. Most of the folks are on their way to actually making real money, which is good, while I'd still be cash-strapped for at least another 6 years, and even then, when I'm actually ready to make "some money", my pay would still be lower than the rest of the folks who had already started working earlier than me.

Strange how time has changed most of us. Most of the folks characters haven't changed much; good friends of old are still good friends now, but sometimes I cannot help but think about how everyone's lives have deviated from everyone else's. I guess my feelings on all these gravitate to the neutral side, because let's face it, it is increasingly unlikely that our paths will cross again in the future under normal circumstances due to the divergence in what we are all doing.

No comments: