Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Code and LISP

Yet another day passes, but this time, it is significantly more productive than what I would have grown to expect. The month of April comes upon us, and soon it will be May, and I would have graduated, and will need to make my way back home, away from my lovely girlfriend, and into the supposed drudgeries of a working life. Having never truly learnt LISP before, I find that the code I'm hacking in that language just seems to flow like the wine that one pours out of the amphora; each drop that falls out contain the brevity and wisdom that is within my make-up.

I guess I'm starting to have a good feel of what it means to be a ``hacker'' as opposed to just being a programmer.

Code, I live it, I breathe it, I eat it, and I work it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having fun. Lisp is a pretty neat way of doing things.

Your comparison with wine is interesting.

I heard it said once

'Lisp is not a programming language, it's a building material'.

I have great fun with it too.