Sunday, December 05, 2010

Continuous Sleep

It's a Sunday.

What's so special about this day, you might wonder. Nothing really, except that I spent most of the day sleeping in, recovering from the sleep debt that I had incurred over the last few weeks.

It's a most strange thing though, to be sleeping for so many hours at a stretch. My mind feels as though it has been living in the dream world more often than in the real world, what with the whole experience of continuous dreaming. That's right, I actually have the ability to dream in a manner where each dream is continuous with the previous. There's also the ability to dream the same dream many times across time, where each time I get more and more control over what occurs, but I suppose that's a story for another time.

So anyway, continuous dreaming. I woke up this morning feeling rather woozy in the head---it might be that I have been running around fighting monsters just a little bit too much, or that gravity has been acting on my head in a direction that is too orthogonal to what it is used to for more than two-thirds of the day. But one thing is for certain though: I do feel a little more refreshed than before in spite of the wooziness.

Anyway, time for my sleep once more, and off to work I go in the morning.

No comments: