Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Moved

So as at yesterday, I have finally moved out of my old apartment at Orchard Downs. It is a mixed bag of feelings though---having lived in the same place for a year, I have developed some light attachment to its oddities and general feel. But let's face it---I was having problems with that place. I don't know the neighbours well (they are mostly families who kept to their... social group centred around ethnicities), and I was forever talking to the walls that surround me. So when John suggested that we rent a place together by taking over an apartment of his friend, I was game to do so.

The moving was tricky, but finally done. The cleaning though, was a little exhausting. Sweeping the floor of dust, then mopping it with a wet mop, cleaning up the entire kitchen (including the refrigerator), disinfecting the entire toilet---those took about 3 hours from start to finish. By the time I was done, I didn't really feel like doing anything else.

But now, I'm safely at my new place. The neighbourhood is quieter, there is air-conditioning if we need it, and there's a room mate to talk to and do crazy shit with. Oh, and the rent is lower too. I think that this is an overall plus.