Friday, February 01, 2013

Curry!

So, the first thing is that for some reason, Blogger fubared the width of the text area used to enter the blog entry, so I have no sense of how much I'm writing any more. I don't really like writing in a space where I cannot actually visually store the entire paragraph or extent of the paragraph in one place---it makes it really hard to see just what the heck I am writing. Feedback has been sent, but I suspect nothing will be done. But this unscheduled rant is not what I want to talk about today.

So some time back, I wrote that YT sent me a stack of instant curry mixes. A few days ago, I finally broke open one pack to make a pot of tasty chicken curry to share with my house mate John. We had got a pack of chicken thighs and russet potatoes during the weekend grocery run and I just followed the instruction and put the food together. There was a small snafu involving thick chicken thighs that are not so well-cooked, but it was easily rectified through some additional cooking time massaged with additional slits made into the meat of the thighs. And the end result was this:
It's one nice big pot of delicious curry! I ladled out a bowl of it for myself (John did the same for himself too), and here's how that looks like in bowl form.
Man, even as I am writing this, I'm starting to get hungry just looking at the pictures.

Anyway, notice the fork and spoon on the empty plate? Those are actually foldable cutlery that I got from the Mammoth Cave souvenir shop. Unlike my titanium spork, the foldable cutlety separates into combinations of more regular silverware, except for chopsticks. I usually eat stuff with my spork, but since I'm lazy when it comes to eating chicken thighs, I needed the fork and spoon combination to be wielded separately, which explains the change of choice of cutlery.

Alright, I'm going to grab an apple to satiate that hunger and then sleep. Till the next update.

No comments: