Sunday, February 03, 2013

More Cool Gifts

So last evening I hung out with Corbin and Alisa because I was getting rather tired/bored of eating alone at home for dinner. They lived near to Siebel Centre, so it wasn't all that inconvenient to drop by and hang out. What amused/amazed me was that they actually got a surprise present for me for my birth anniversary. Check it out:
There are two pairs of Injinji toe-socks to go with my Five-Fingers (and huaraches, but really it is too bloody cold to be wearing those), and a long-sleeved technical shirt. I am positively delighted at this---this is going to make winter training less annoying and scary. Alisa made Japanese-styled fried chicken with spices and a nice tofu dish to go with rice, and we washed it all down with Guinness. I think that these days I'm starting to do less of Jack Daniels and more of Guinness; no idea why though. Maybe hard liquor isn't the thing for me any more?

But yeah, I don't really have much to update except for the shout-out to Corbin and Alisa for the wonderful birthday gift.

I'm a little behind in terms of training because of the weather conditions. For some reason, the weather for the past few days tended to be... awkward, to say the least. There were a few uncharacteristically warm [but windy] days which were followed by sub-zero temperatures with winds up to 5 m/s. In short, horrible weather. But with the gift, maybe I can do better for this week.

Till the next update.

No comments: