Sunday, May 14, 2023

Hot AF

To say that the past few days were hot in SIN city is like saying that the Atlantic Ocean had some water.

It was too hot. It was so hot that, it created yet another new record.

I'm currently on leave for the weekend, one that started on Friday, and will extend into Monday. It was mostly for a sort of reset for me, pre-planned as part of the overall strategy of taking more frequent short-ish breaks due to the self-imposed moratorium of not travelling around the world.

So far, I'm more than half way through Suzuka, and have started on a bit of the Grim Fandango. ONE just dropped chapter 142 for the One-Punch Man original web-comic, but I think I will re-read that entire series as part of exercising Eirian-V.

I've also played a little more Jupiter Hell here and there. It's not a bad game, by any measure, but it seems to have lost a bit of the magic that was from the old DoomRL that I played a stupid amount of before. Perhaps it was the change in the community---a mass migration towards Reddit, Discord, and Steam ``forums'' over the original official ChaosForge forums.

I don't like the new Reddit/Discord/Steam ``forums''. Apart from having to create new accounts (not that big a deal, realistically), these platforms are not owned by ChaosForge, and therefore when they go, they are gone. The form factors of these new quasi-social media set ups are also terrible for actual discussions, which is one of the more practical factors that make me refuse to join them.

Oh, I had left the forums since the beginning of last year. It was depressing to be a custodian of what was basically a dead place where only the bots hung out. Chaosforge is no longer the one-man labour of love of yesteryear---it is a commercial entity that is taking real investment, and having to deliver real results. I can't be a part of that, and so I'm gone. It was a good run with them, for me.

Anyway, that's too much depressing stuff. I'll just end here for now. Wanted to make a note of the hottest recorded period/day [so far].

Till the next update.

No comments: