Saturday, May 20, 2023

Psychic Damage

Caveat: This was not written near when this was posted.

This week was rough. Too many ``psychic damage'' that came in, and it overwhelmed me a little---not enough to put me out of commission, but enough to numb me hard.

I would love to write about all the stuff that happened, but the unfortunate thing is that they all involve people other than just me.

In all the circumstances, I act as the sponge, listening to what has happened, nodding my head in solidarity and understanding, and then feeling the pain/sorrow that transpired.

And now, I need a way to wick it all away. I can't keep bad juju like this internally.

And unfortunately for me, I don't have an escape valve for these things; the best that I can do is to have it slowly diffuse out over time as I process it internally.

------

In other news, I finally claimed a victory for Angel of Shotgunnery (AoSh) on Hard difficulty level for Jupiter Hell. The Jackhammer and the duramesh scout armour made a whole lot of difference, especially under the power of the old-reliable that is the Army of Darkness mastery.

I need to remember the following:
  • Dodge + movement speed is king;
  • The damage type order is pierce > plasma > impact, with slash only being good for unarmoured biological beings;
  • Each transition point to the next ``episode'' location has new sub-bosses; and
  • AoSh converts all ammo to 12Ga shells.
I think I might [re]try Angel of Marksmanship (AoMr) on Hard difficulty to start accumulating more Gold Badges to level up to the Captain rank.

I don't think I've ever talked about Nova Drift, so here it is. It's a rogue-like Asteroids re-think, mostly through bringing in more active enemy waves, combined with a levelling system that allowed various ``mods'' to be applied to the player character to change behaviour.

I've always been a sucker for space-shooting games, and Nova Drift scratches the itch at the right places. I'm only wondering if they will introduce some kind of adaptation of the enemies the way Warning Forever does it for its boss rush gameplay.

That would be a whole new level of insane gameplay though.

And that's about it for now. Till the next update, even as I try to diffuse away the ``psychic damage'' that I took over the week.

No comments: