Thursday, August 10, 2023

Past Stupid O'Clock?

Okay, it's past stupid o'clock, but I'm annoyed, so I'm gonna vent.

Eileen-III runs Windows 11---this is an incontrovertible fact; the new CPU architecture demands an updated kernel that only Windows 11 provides, as long as I want to use Eileen-III to play games as opposed to doing work.

Windows 11, for some asinine reason, does not allow anyone to put the taskbar to the top of the screen.

I had used a workaround for this for quite a while (ExplorerPatcher). It's free, and relatively straightforward to use. It had a bit of funkiness to it (while the taskbar is indeed moved to the top, accessing the start menu brings it back to the bottom), but it got the job done.

That is, until the latest Windows 11 update clobbered the shit out of it.

It's a live issue as at now, and there doesn't seem to be a solution to it just yet.

I've switched over to StartAllBack, but really, who knows if these will still work in the future? It does solve the funkiness that ExplorerPatcher had, so I suppose this is a step up.

And that's it. It's almost 0400hrs in the morning, but I'm on leave, so I kind of don't really care.

Till the next update.

No comments: