Sunday, November 05, 2023

I'm So... Tired...

I really should be working on NaNoWriMo instead of writing a blog post, but you know, I think I can afford a bit of leeway here.

I am so tired. I cannot tell which subset of the following possible reasons matter:
  1. Stresses from work (can't tell if it's distress or eustress);
  2. Symptoms of long COVID;
  3. Cranking up of creative output for music ministry work (we're planning a special item for Chinese New Year, which involved writing some new music); or
  4. NaNoWriMo itself.
The fact is, I am so tired.

I was so tired that I actually took a day off on Wednesday, just to sleep. And I slept in on Saturday morning, and later on for this morning.

Thankfully, this upcoming week is going to segue into a partially manufactured long weekend---there's the usual ``because Sunday is a public holiday so the following Monday is one as well'' for Deepavali, but there was also another one gazetted for Friday itself. There's a big-ish meeting tomorrow afternoon, and perhaps I might feel better after that.

Perhaps.

But let's talk about yesterday. TGCO had another performance, and it was alright. I'm still tired though.

Oh, and some dumbfuck using Amazon.com is crawling my blog again. Suuuuper irritating.

I talked about my hunt for inks before, and there's a small update. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on ordering bottles of iroshizuku ink from Cityluxe. Two bottles of asa-gao, and one fuyu-gaki. They are apparently on the way through the courier service, and I will probably talk a little bit more when they finally arrive.

The fuyu-gaki is to replace my red pelikan ink. That bottle of ink was starting to show weird chunks in it, and I didn't want to deal with that crap. And so, out it goes, and the new one will be in. I've rinsed out my LAMY Safari pen for the red ink, and even as I am writing, the parts are now being quietly air-dried.

I have talked about how my black ink [fountain] pens were not showing up as dark as they were before, looking like some kind of weird-ass gray. As it turned out, the Noodler's bullet proof ink that I had required frequent shaking to ensure that the ink particles are well dissolved in the water solvent. Once I figured that out, I shook up the bottle of ink that I was using in the ``travel package'' form (basically a small amount of ink poured into the Pelikan ink bottle form factor due to its leak-proof nature), mixed it in the drying/dried out first small 3 oz bottle, shook the whole bottle hard, and topped it up more with my newer larger 4.5 oz bottle, before shaking both bottles hard.

And the result... was amazing. I got back the deep black that I had missed for a few years.

(sigh)

Sorry, I'm just so... tired. Till the next update, I suppose.

No comments: