Sunday, November 19, 2023

NaNoWriMo 2023 and Other Stuff

And now that I'm finally done with NaNoWriMo 2023, let's talk about stuff here.

First off, I'm feeling bloody sick. I think my days (or was it nights?) of not having enough sleep are catching up to me, that and perhaps a messing up of my body chemistry due to the period of anti-histamine change/non-use. So let's unpack this sentence for a bit.

After one bloody long-ass loop, I should have just gone back to my usual pharmacy instead of trying to bank on the ``closer to my office'' ones. All the cock and bull story about supplier issues and what-not... my usual pharmacy still had what I needed in stock at a price point that does not make me want to kill myself. Only caveat is the need to go a bit more out of the way, but I'm learning. For a 10× difference in price, yeah, I should have just gone out of the way.

Not having enough sleep... not sure why. Might be a combination of general restlessness from reaching our first major system deployment while still having no access to the funds to actually deploy(!), other preparatory work for the upcoming year, where I need to also feed the pipeline that my team draws upon for work to do, and maybe also the upcoming two-day course that I have to attend.

Moving back to NaNoWriMo 2023, the core concept for this year's entry is about the apartment block, and its neighbours (sort of), framed under the context of the funeral of the key person who provides the linkages. Why this particular setting, I don't know---I have done much less planning for this year's entry as compared to other years.

Writing it was tough mostly due to all the other competing items for attention, as well as trying to make sure I don't end up completely out of action due to illness. But it is damn hard to stay healthy.

------

In other news, I have done some upgrades to my Minecraft world. I'll list them loosely here:
  • Updated the world to 1.20.2, which includes updating the major mods I used as well;
  • Fixed my iron farm to take into account the forced day/night life-cycle for the villagers (i.e. they need to sleep so that the iron golem can be spawned periodically);
  • Fixed my mob farm's killing/collecting system to channel experience orbs more efficiently instead of getting trapped in hoppers;
  • Freed up space in the item collection sub-level by pushing the auto-trash disposal and item elevator to a new sub-level;
  • Finished the nether rail system to connect to the newly discovered Sakura tree containing biome;
  • Clearing out trees near to my industrial complex to reduce vandalism by the damned Endermen;
  • Changed up the map that was placed in my hill-top base's bedroom to show the actual hilltop base;
  • Farmed up more packed ice and blue ice from the ice spikes biome near my guardian temple area; and
  • Upgraded my archery range set up to have a higher resolution target indicator.
I think that's about all I can write now.

I'm going to collapse for a bit. Till the next time then.

No comments: