Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Am Getting Drinks

Another [work] day has ended. And this year, this 2023 CE, is now in its penultimate week.

I finally left last.fm after being there for nearly twenty years. The reason was simple: they were withholding interesting information based on my submitted data... yeah, fuck'em. My only regret was that it took me this many years to finally pull the trigger and leave.

Moving on, I've recently been introduced to the solo hotpot & BBQ concept by YT. The hotpot part, I am used to, while that BBQ bit was something new. I think that calling it a BBQ is a bit of a misnomer---it was much closer to having a hot plate as opposed to a barbeque grill in terms of execution. But that aside, the concept was interesting, and it awakened that latent caveman that had been hiding within me all these while; there was just something that was so satisfying about watching (and smelling) what was originally red raw meat turning into a delicious brown cooked form.

Magnifique.

Recently, I have finally achieved something cool---I have managed to obtain good quality playable representatives for all usable keys of the 笛子. Was that always my intention? Not really... but ever since I discovered a contact who had makers willing to be commissioned to build the so-called odd key 笛子, it was something that did not stray too far from my mind.

``But MT, why do you need so many 笛子 in the first place?''

It's about extending the possibilities of expression. Each and every 笛子 has its own specific timbre, and armed with all the 27 possible representatives as at now, it is possible to tackle anything, including the possibility of ``going rogue'' in the sense of moving away from traditional Chinese music and into band (concert/marching/five-man) and beyond.

And that 倍大 C♯笛子 is a special one too. I won't brag about it (not worth it), but if you know, you know. It also plays beautifully.

So a while back, Peace Centre was sold. The twist was that after the original tenants had moved out, the entire place was given a year of partial anarchy, where graffiti was allowed, and various pop-up stalls appeared. I checked it out with YT that day, and I found it pretty cool. It reminded me a little of the old New Year events in Pittsburgh City back in the day for some reason, even though I might not share the same kind of jive as the much younger folk were.

Hmmm. What else is there to say for today's entry?

Ah, perhaps a little Minecraft news. I continued clearing out the forests nearest to my hill-top base, and replaced the haphazardly placed torches on the ground with the four-iron-bar-one-lantern ``lamp-post'' that I came up with. It looks so much neater. I cleaned up my mob farm a little, removing the original chunk-delimiter ring of blocks, replaced the ground blocks for the sea-level entry-way while adding detailing in the form of cobblestone wall ``pillars'' that drove down to some kind of hard-rock on the sea floor. I also patched up some of the ravine/rifts that were in the land around my hill-top base, using smooth stone as a shovel-resistant stop-block, before laying on stacks of dirt to make the patch look like it was part of the original landscape.

This weekend will see me get involved in quite a few pieces as part of the music ministry. I'll have to practise the pieces beforehand (as always), and am looking forward to it.

I am also waiting for 2023-12-22T02:00+08 to see if Elden Ring would be on sale. Something about the SGD80.00 price point just did not sit right with me, even though I would hardly blink spending that amount at a single meal of just having myself. I suppose if there was no sale, I'd probably just buy it at full price---I had finally convinced myself that it was time to try it.

Ah. What else to say, what else to say?

I suppose that's about it for now. I think I have a rant or two, but I have been drinking like a fish over the weekend for two weekends now, hanging out with different friends. There's one more session coming up this weekend, and I suppose that I can get all my ranting going, thus leaving almost nothing for here.

But then again, why would that ever be a problem?

No comments: