Monday, February 12, 2024

Slept for 12 Hours...

Ah Monday. Public holiday in lieu of the second Chinese New Year public holiday falling on a Sunday.

A break day. A possibly ``true'' break day.

The special item that was presented yesterday at both the Chinese worship session in the early morning and the English worship session in the late morning was a hit. I listened through the playback for both renditions, and it does sound much better than I thought it would. The G 梆笛 soared without sounding like a dick, and I honestly cannot tell if it's because of my skill (what skill?), or the fact that I'm using some top-grade 笛膜 that keeps the sound clean. Feedback has been pretty positive to me, from those who actually knew me in church, and apparently even those who didn't know me had positive things to say to the music coordinator, who played with me in the item on the piano.

A win perhaps. Glory to God.

Now that that is done and dusted, I'll need to listen carefully to the various recordings to write it down. I'll probably publish it at my compositions page.

One item down, another two or three more to go. 😬

------

Special item aside, I just crashed out for twelve hours straight once eight o'clock came, waking up every three hours just to use the toilet. Woke up at around eight o'clock this morning, give or take an hour, and just chilled out for a bit, pondering about nothing even as I am catching up on stuff on YouTube that I have missed out from the past week.

I discovered a new tool: KLOGG. It's a log explorer, designed apparently to load and search through extremely large files the way computer logs tend to be. I've not really deployed it anywhere yet, but it is definitely something to try. My only complaint is that it runs a GUI, and there's no TUI for it, but that's really minor, considering that I use Beyond Compare from Scooter Software, which is also GUI-centric with no TUI.

I have tried my best to make vim play nice with extremely large files, but it's still a crapshoot after all these years. There are other tricks that allow one to work with extremely large files, but they often involve messing around with less, grep, tail, and head.

Apart from that, I've been roaming about from one game to another on Steam, switching between Boltgun, trying out the Turbo Overkill demo, a bit of Vampire Survivors, and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

I'm also half-tempted to finish up the last bits of math to complete the really really simple LED-1 remake in PICO-8. But... urgh... math when I'm trying to chill the fuck out. Eww... (hahaha)

Aaaaaaaaanyway, I suppose that's all for today. I'll go... do something... I think. Maybe game more...

Till the next update.

No comments: