Sunday, February 04, 2024

It's February Now!

Oh hey, would you look at that? It's February now!

What a mess this month is going to be... so many major milestones coming up for work, TGCO, and even for music ministry in PPCC. If we do pull it off, it will be quite satisfying.

On the subject of music, I realise that after playing in the music ministry for nearly a year, I've improved upon my ability to read the grand staff, but my ability to read the ``regular'' flute upper ledger lines is getting iffy---I can handle up to high-F, but the ledger lines start to merge when we reach the high-G all the way to the C.

It's literally a skill issue, and it will take me some time to sort it out. I'd love to get that fixed, just so that I can do the Marcel Moyse Exercises Journaliers, which unironically has very good interval patterns to properly master and raise my flute technical handling to a higher level.

In other news, I've started on the throne room for my castle build in Minecraft, though the more I think I about it, the more it should be thought of as the keep within the castle build (the castle includes the surrounding wall, while the keep is the inner building). The main building material is diorite and polished diorite, with the use of iron blocks for accents. The throne itself is made of cherry planks, and now I'm building the second floor.

I think that I'm building at least four storeys for the throne room. The ground floor is the throne room proper, the second floor is the conference room, the third floor is probably the armoury (with enchanting?), then the bed room.

Next to the throne room, I'll build a red brick tavern/inn combo.

And... I think that's about it for now. Sorry for the short entry---it's been a hell of a week.

Till the next update.

No comments: