Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Really Random Musings of a Drunken Geek

So not too long ago, there was a drinking session, and for the first time in my life, I got pretty damn drunk. Strangely, instead of acting like a ``normal'' drunk (being violent, passing out completely, being lecherous etc), I ended up ``looking really sad'' and taking out my pen and notepad and write a lot. The last I remembered, I was puking from downing the Graveyard, and needed help home.

So the ten-dollar question is: what the heck did I write while drunk?

Here's a transcription of what I could make out from the [foul smelling] manuscripts. The transcriptions will be by the ``page number'', and each line here corresponds to a physical line of text. Editor remarks are [as usual] stored in square brackets. Here we go:

Page 1
        It has been a while since I
was so drunk. In some ways it is a
a good response---at the very least, it
allows me to write things that I would not
otherwise.
        The music is playing loud, a
not altogether bad experience. Somet[imes]
I think that being drunk has it[s]
purpose---it allows the innermost
feelings show with little inhibitions.
        It is kind of sad in some way [that]
I cannot be drunk like a normal person
when I am severely trying[?], I end up
very [ed: garbled] and in some ways
[ed: garbled]. There are many things to do
yet I realise that the amount of control
over myself is fast diminishing. I[n]
some ways, this is rather sad since
even I'm seemingly drunk, I can
write some stuff.
        Life sucks[?] ass[?] in some ways.[?] There[?]
are so many things that the[?] self[?] have[?]
little control over. It is rather sad
actually to be writing While one is
[some]what drunk is probably one of the sad[dest]
things to do, considering everything.[?]
At[?] the[?] very least I am in control[?]
over my faculties left of[?] what[?] is[?] probably[?]
timed[?] as almost 15 to 20 minutes of
writing[?] nicely[?]. The day is long and[?]
the future is bleak[?] is[?] luscal[?], it is
Page 2
to determine if what I'm writing
is remotely coherent or even readable.
The downing of the graveyard in one
shot seems to be the big mistake, [ed: ink blotch]
I find myself unable to control my
impulses as readily as I want to.
        This is not a good evening.
Eventually, I will [ed: garbled]
to the alcohol what that [ed: garbled] is not
[ed: garbled]. I will faglth[?] to, and with,
eventually.
        It is all about being able to
purge the alcohol then the body it will
take a while, but I will be fine.
        I must be fine---I'm controlling
all the input and output. I will be fine.
Taking the alcohol[?] will be fine.
        I can take it. It is just a while.
I will be fine. Do not touch me.
Writing. Writing is all that is left
of this consciousness. Apparently I
can[?] still[?] think somewhat. Things are
[ed: garbled] writing[?] writing[?]. It seems
that my pants may have
got hit by one of the
throw up. This is sad
is sad in some way
is quite sad but true[?]. It
them[?]. I am fine I think[?]. This is just
a way towards the end
of[?] all[?] the sadness[?] and at[?] this[?]
particular[?] instance[?] the[?] end[?].
Page 3
        If the outcome is all about what
one makes of the future[?], the people
seem rather unrelenting in that [ed: missing]
writing but at times, stays the [ed: missing]
[ed: garbled] I want to talk. This
is true---there's just so
many things that I want[?] to
think about. The crowd [ed: garbled]
it is in some sense true[?] about[?]
things---many[?] of the meets[?]
eye[?] and[?] the discomfort of[?] becoming[?]
a few of sad[?] ending[?] but [ed: garbled]
in reality, it is a new beginning [ed: garbled]
a beginning where I will quickly
forget about what it is[?] I
truly[?] want to be able to know[?]
what I hear---it is [ed: garbled] is more
sense to be able to completely work[?]
is something that I have[?] thought[?]
I would be able[?] to do.
        Moreover---at the end of the day
even after downing the graveyard
of [ed: garbled] remembered the end is almost[?] in
sight[?]---the content of the alcohol[?]
is naturally stronger[?] that I have
little[?] ideas for[?] how much
alcohol that is in the graveyard. At
the very least I think that I am
rather sober[?] at the moment---that[?] was[?]
of more of the alcohol to [ed: garbled]
I can say something that is a little more

Page 4
coherent this point is true,
all that I want to do is just to
go sleep---the graveyard is a rather
strong drink no matter how you look
at it. Eventually, I will have to wake
up from this dream and get away so
that I can get the things I
want.
        It is noisy in here---it is
quite intolerable. I should have just
gone home a long time ago.
So you might ask, why no pictures of the manuscript? And I will answer, because it is rather useless to put them up---they are unreadable, that's why the transcripts exist.

Alright, enough for now. Now I know that I make a really boring drunk.

Geez...

No comments: