Friday, August 28, 2009

It Could Have Been Me...

First, this.

Now, realise that that could've been me. And the scariest part is, I'm not joking about that.

I remember the many times that I walk on the same stairs, and looked down the particular stairwell. That stairwell was deep and large---it's called ``architect's leap'' for a reason. Each time I walked by that stairwell, there was always this strange fascination about what it would feel like to leap off it, as suggested by the ``Burma Shave'' ditty written on each platform.

I remember why I didn't bother jumping (or killing myself or anything like that). Killing oneself on one's own terms needed guts, that's for sure. But more guts are needed to live on through whatever life throws at you, and that was ultimately why I am still alive now and writing here.

That said, may you find peace, my fellow CS brother.

Amen.

No comments: