Friday, December 14, 2007

No Funeral Wakes for Me Please

Hmm... In reference to this: this sounds morbid, but I figure that when I go, I don't want any fuss.

Just cremate me and scatter my ashes around the seven seas and let me wander about, learning more about the world even in my non-corporeal form.

I don't even want/need a wake. Folks who care don't need some public demonstration of their grief. Folks who don't care don't deserve a place where they turn up to wreak havoc and shed crocodile tears and antagonising those who are already grief-stricken.

I am but a mere speck of a human in the whole universe, so I don't think that there's a need to go through all that ridiculous expense just to "send me on my way". Death is just another phase of life, and since we don't do opulent things during our lives, I don't think it necessary to do opulent things when in death.

Alright, I'll stop here before it gets too morbid.

No comments: