Monday, December 03, 2007

Finals Crunchdown

Ah... the finals crunchdown, the start of the [temporary] end. Where all the projects are due on the last day of class, where all the papers need to be completed by then, where all the stresses over the whole semester come crashing down once more, where one's nightmares of material from the earlier part of the class come back to haunt one.

Throw in a completely messy weather pattern and you'd get the set-up for a great [and complete] stress-rush crash.

It is strange, that even in the start of this chaotic times, I am still sitting here [somewhat] calmly, and still typing out this entry. Could it be that I'm resigned to my fate? Or could it be that I suddenly have some hidden resource within me that I am drawing upon to cope with the stresses?

Or could it just be that I am currently suffering from a cold and recovery is of the utmost importance as opposed to anything else? Gee I have no clue whatsoever.

So anyway, the finals crunch down have started, and honestly, I am getting a little worried for my logic class. I should be able to do fine on probability and the two other programming-related classes, but I'm really terrified for my logic finals. I seem to be losing that ability to do abstract theoretical mathematics, which is quite worrying, considering the fact that I dabbled in math way before I did anything in computer science. And this is worrying because I have at least another class (Real Analysis) which involves theoretical math, as opposed to the "concrete" math of combinatorics and graph theory as applied in programming.

Maybe I'm so screwed... I don't know. Just need to put in the effort and make sure that I don't kill myself unnecessarily, like last semester... Having almost no buffer is probably the worst thing that I can ever imagine, and the pressure associated with this is ridiculously high.

Alright, back to work for now.

No comments: