Sunday, February 17, 2008

Intermezzo

Without sounding too melodramatic, here I am once more, writing a little of my mind and thoughts here. It is a Saturday, and I am still a little weary from the rather hectic week that I had. There were lots to be done in the last week, from preparing for exams, to fixing my programs to visiting my community partner's site to gather information to do a report.

Speaking of the report, I had no clue if it were supposed to be a draft or something quite polished, so I ended up erring on the side of the latter and turned in something that weighed in at 9 pages, single-spaced. It was mildly unnerving, considering the fact that a member of my mentor group for the technical consulting course shared his report of only 3 pages.

I had to write four essays prior to that though—all for my Introduction to Ethics course. I chose the first four to write on, namely on Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle. I think I should have covered the material sufficiently in my essays, but I have no clue on whether I'll be in good shape or not; it is, after all, my first time writing for a philosophy-type class.

And the numerical methods exam. I think I might have shot myself in the proverbial foot when I decided to change my answer to the last question in the last minute, which I later realised to be wrong. This is yet more empirical evidence that one should always trust one's first gut reaction for the most part.

I'm so lethargic today. Granted, I've done about a third of my machine learning homework, but I'm feeling somewhat lackadaisical. Maybe it's because I need more coffee, but I'm not really sure. There's so many things to work on (what's new?), and I know that I have the latent energy around to do them. But the mere thought of doing them is in itself, an inertial barrier towards my actual doing of the work.

Oh, and on Valentine's Day, I did something that I had never done before: I wrote an obfuscated C code and sent it to my girlfriend, simply because she didn't want anything on Valentine's Day. It wasn't the most sophisticated obfuscation ever, but she was delighted at it, which makes me happy too.

Argh. I think that I need to get more coffee. I'm starting to be a little woozy from all this strange sense of lethargy. I need more coffee. Need more coffee. More coffee. Coffee.

Till next time.

No comments: