Monday, February 04, 2008

Losing Weight in Winter == Silly As Hell

So as usual, the silly Pittsburgh weather is as schizophrenic as always, and as usual, it annoys the heck out of me, particularly since I'm literally on a weight-loss regimen. Yes, dear reader, you heard that right. I am on a weight-loss regimen of my own designation.

I'm fat. So says the silly BMI scale though. At the current mass that I have, my BMI is something like 27-ish, which, according to the BMI, is "overweight". I personally feel that most of the mass is from muscle, but the fact that my face appears somewhat chubby even to me and that I still cannot fit into my old jeans still kind of bring me back to the reality that perhaps the amount of body fat that I actually have is a little on the high side, despite the fact that I have muscle mass (yes, I do have muscle mass). On a more serious note, the weight-loss regimen is to avoid the issues other potential problems, like getting too weakened in the future from all that mass among other things.

The rather uncomfortable thing about it all lies in the fact that I decided to lose the said excessive mass during the period of the year where it is actually the coldest. Pretty brilliant idea huh? So now, I literally have to suck it down and brave the cold with ever shrinking amounts of body fat.

Alright, enough rant for now. Maybe more stuff later on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ehhh... i'm 18.6 leii.
do more running!