Monday, January 05, 2009

Safe Touchdown

Touched down, safe and sound. And now, to enjoy the sights and sounds of Austin.

That said, the flight over was not easy. The plane from Pittsburgh to Chicago [O'Hare] was delayed for at least 30 minutes, which meant that the time left between connections was shortened to no more than 20 minutes. And it didn't really help that the gate that we arrived in [at Chicago] was on one end of the `U' bend while the gate that we had to leave from was on the other end of the `U' bend. Needless to say, I half-ran/half-brisk-walked to the gate, and managed to get seated on the aeroplane with about 10 minutes to spare.

At least I didn't have to wait for the 1010hrs flight in the morning. That said, my legs now are dead tired, considering that just 4 days ago, they were subjected to [torture of] the Hatha Yoga ``Tree Pose'', and then about 3 days ago they were subjected to sub-zero temperatures at the First Night at Pittsburgh event, and then some urban exploration 2 days ago, and then the running/sprinting 1 day ago.

Damn my legs take a lot of brutal punishment. But then again, I like them a lot because they survive so well, even under such brutality. While the knees can be weak at times, and the thigh muscles are often strained (as are the calves and the shins), they still prevail, and allow me to accomplish seemingly impossible tasks, like walking for ridiculous distances without fail. Though my legs are rather thick in the thighs (and rump), I think that underneath it all is a strong set of muscles that work tirelessly so that I can get to places. Kudos to my legs!

Alright, enough of random nonsense, I will need to get a shower and then probably look for some food. Till next time.

No comments: