Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This Week...

Roughly 3--4 days since I last wrote something here. With justifiable cause too, I might add. Considering the fact that this semester requires quite a fair bit of writing/typing, it'd be little wonder that I'm not posting that much stuff here now.

T'is a weird week. Many pieces of homework due, and unlike the stuff that I usually do, this time round I have absolutely no idea if what I'm doing/handing in is actually right or wrong. It sounds really wonky indeed, but it is a fact. Most of these assignments are very flexible, in the sense that they are of the free-response type, and thus have no ``correct'' answer that can be spoken of.

There is a general feeling that I do not like people. Well, technically that is not quite correct---I do not like large crowds of people; talking to folks one-on-one is actually fairly pleasant, because you can actually focus on the person and focus on the conversation, as opposed to the round-robin-esque style of talking when there is a large group of people around. However, to make things somewhat easier for people to comprehend, like many things in life, I've decided to act a little misanthropic some times. It makes it easier for people, because they have an easily justifiable response. ``Oh don't mind him... he's always like that'' or even ``he's just weird, don't worry about him''. The more ludicrous your actions are, the more effort is required to convince people that there is a perfectly ``valid'' explanation, even though at the end of the day, the ``valid'' explanation can be as far away from the truth as the ``fact'' that the earth is flat.

And this week... it's just weird. 'nuff said.

No comments: