Thursday, May 06, 2010

Bag Of Happenings

Feels like I've not really written anything here in ages. Oh well, life happened and things are always in a state of flux, which is probably a thing that I cannot run away from. Anyway, some random blurbs.
  • There's this traffic light for pedestrians that has faulty programming, because once it hits the 15-second mark, it starts to glitch. Kinda looks as though the Matrix is glitching or something each time I cross that road.
  • My work has suddenly increased in complexity by three-fold as I start to wrestle even more projects and even more new things. I'm not sure how long my brain will last, given that I have not really taken any long breaks to recuperate/recover in a long time.
  • I know that Lucid Lynx is out, but I'm too lazy to install/try it on any of the machines under my charge. Currently, the Ibex and the Jackalope are doing fine, and I'm really lazy/apprehensive in rocking the boat too much. But then again, it is an LTS, so when I finally get some time off to do stuff, I might slowly update all the machines to Lynx.
  • Salad lunches can be really fun with judicious choice of vegetables and other stuff to go with the salad. They can also be rather filling if you know what you are doing.
  • I probably use more paper and ink as a researcher than as a student or systems developer. Go figure.
  • Silent Hill 4: The Room is a rather interesting game, albeit a little scary to play when the sky is rather dark outside and the earphones are the only things that one hears.
  • MUDs can be very addictive without one actually realising it.
  • V nz zvffvat zl tveysevraq n jubyr ohapu jura V qba'g trg gb frr ure rirel bapr va n juvyr. V jbaqre vs V'z orvat bofrffvir, va ybir be cynva vafrpher. Guvf bar arrqf cbaqrevat.
  • Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the right place at the right time, but after a while, I think to myself: I can always make it the right place and right time.
Phew, that's a lot of random blurbs that I wanted to say but didn't really have the effort to generate a large post of.

The weather these days have been rather atrocious, especially when one spends time outside---it appears that the midday temperature is hovering around the 34°C mark, not the best kind of weather to be frolicking about in. But then again, I'm indoors most of the time, so perhaps it doesn't affect me all that much.

That said, on yet another tangent, there's a concert coming up and I have tickets to sell. The location is at the Salvation Army Central Corps near Bishan, and the concert is occurring on July 10, 2010 from 1930hrs onwards. Ticket prices are at SGD10---free seating. Message me or email me for reservations on the tickets.

Okay, now I'm spent from writing all these. Goes to show how long my day has been---can't even write a decently lengthed rant without stopping so abruptly.

No comments: