Friday, May 14, 2010

Half-hearted Rant...

If I fail at my career of being a researcher, I should probably go be a counsellor or psychic. My preternatural ability to intuitively sense the well-being of a person is starting to get more and more powerful, and in some ways, it does scare me a little here and there. There's one thing about realising that one has a certain ``power'', and there's the other thing of actually realising that the ``power'' also means that I actually gain knowledge that I might not really want to possess---knowing a person's inner state can have all sorts of strange contradictions that one needs to deal with because on the one hand, one wants to interact normally but on the other hand, the a priori knowledge would often suggest that one requires just a little more tact in the interaction, something that many might find to be annoying to keep track of.

I shall stop here---lost interest with what I was writing...

No comments: