Thursday, August 12, 2021

Hmmm

Hmmm.

Another week to go before I am deemed ``fully vaccinated'' by the powers that be. I'm a little eager for it so that I can go visit my favourite bar again and enjoy a pleasant afternoon reading outdoors-ish while drinking beer and eating luncheon chips (among other foods).

I've got about another quarter left to go before I need to commit to either finding a job, creating my own job, or get into the hikikomori lifestyle. Despite all my bluster, it seems most likely that I am either finding a job or just going hikikomori.

It also seems very likely that I might end up, as what they say in economics, under-employed, doing some job in the sub-3.5k+ per month (gross) category, mostly because I don't need the stupidity that comes with the higher-paying jobs. Can't play nice with people whose motive is to backstab their way to success.

Not wanting children, and almost to the point of eschewing a spouse also means that I have suddenly freed myself from a lot of potential financial obligations, which means a much lowered upkeep cost, making it easier to operate with a much lower income.

There are some days I wish I were born with half of my thinking power. At least it would make it easier to pass the day quietly in ignorance, not having to worry about things like whether a job is ethical, or if there are problems with management/the world and the like.

Knowledge is seductive when one is ignorant, but once that is attained, a lot of the magic goes away and one will get steadily confronted with the harsh realities of the prettiness that has been allowed to paper over what truly is.

It's true for physics and sociology. It's also true for when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. God cast out Adam and Eve from Eden after they consumed from that tree not just because they disobeyed His instructions, but that the serenity of Eden would expose the inner turmoil from having too much knowledge about reality that would lead to the eventual destruction of the Garden itself---getting thrown into a world where suffering is prevalent is a great way to distract one's realisation of what is out there and prevent rampancy.

Still, I do have a quarter left of my sabbatical. I'll make good use of it, and then spend the time needed to get into whatever it is I would want to get into after my sabbatical to start the next chapter of this sorry-ass life.

Till the next update.

No comments: