Monday, February 21, 2022

Demons Came Out to Play Today

The demons came out to play today. But I managed to keep them at bay. For now.

I was walking home from the bus, and just thinking to myself, realising that at some point, I would simply forget about that particular moment. And I asked myself, how would I feel when I forgot that particular moment that just passed?

And I was sad to realise that since I had forgotten about that particular moment, there was nothing to feel about.

It was... surreal at the very least, and rather disturbing all in all. I don't know why the demons of nihilism chose today to show up, and in that form.

Apart from that little episode, I wafted through the whole day, quietly working on things in the mostly empty office.

The week that had ended yesterday was alright for the most part. I met up with some ex-colleagues who miraculously avoided getting hit with COVID-19 for dinner on Friday, and got a lot of stuff done throughout that week itself. The week that begins today is likely to be of a near opposite nature, with more introspection being necessary as compared to action. Such is the work life.

I have managed to successfully maintain my mass for the most part. It's good, except that I was trying to lose weight. I think I need to muster more self-discipline to stick to the one meal a day set up, and not get tempted by tasty lunch food made even more tempting through the massive amounts of body heat I lose each day from overly cold air conditioning in the office. I do muse every now and then on whether it was truly better to just work from home instead---it was allowed after all, and my presence in the office was mostly my own decision to head on back to ensure that my psychological separation of work time and me-time was backed by actual physical separation.

February is almost up, and March will be upon us. How quickly the days go on by.

I think I'll turn in earlier this night. Those demons have got to go, and the best way is to have my mind not in a state of exhaustion.

Till the next update.

No comments: