Friday, August 29, 2008

Blurb

Indeed, it just feels so long, since the last time I actually wrote anything here. School has begun, and like all things related to school, there is much to be done before I actually have the chance to just sit down and catch a bit of breath.

The week is almost done, and honestly, the outlook seems alright. Networks does prove to be a more interesting class than Operating Systems, and of course there's the whole thing about Algorithms that makes it literally interesting.

There is much reading/writing to be done, and it will indeed be a most fruitful semester. Will I be stressed out under the onslaught of all that heads my way? That, I cannot forsee, because it is still too early to say. Homework has been released, and with a little advanced planning, I ought to be able to get most of it done before they are actually due. That is of course the more important aspect of things.

So this is my final year in Carnegie Mellon University; there's so much that I like about this place, and yet as time passes the level of alienation just increases slowly but surely. Perhaps it is because of the rapid changes that are occurring in the environment, or it could just be me being not very responsive to the changes and thus feeling the awkwardness. Perhaps I will figure out things as and when they arrive, and that things will be much nicer in the long run.

And yes, SSA has its first chill. I'm glad that I only have to be around for less than 30 minutes, since I have Kiltie Band rehearsal at 1730hrs. I don't want to undergo unnecessary steps just to humour the legions of people who have vastly different views of life than me.

That's all for now, perhaps. I need to grab some food before I collapse from hunger (last meal was at about 0800hrs).

1 comment:

roticv said...

I must say your algorithm module does sound interesting.