Friday, August 01, 2008

Passion

What is it that makes one person to be revered with greatness while others are quickly forgotten? Is it a political ideal? Could it be sheer wealth or scientific ingenuity? Perhaps, considering the fact that till this day we still remember the Rockefellers and the Einsteins of the world with some awe.

What is it that binds these people whom we acknowledge for their greatness? I suspect that the underlying thing that binds them to our consciousness is that of their passion. Passion here can be one of a multitude of things; it could be the compassion that they have for others, or the great eternal love they share with a special someone, or it could even be the strong interest that they have for the field that they are studying.

Passion. Why did I bring up this topic out of the blue? Because that's something that I've been wondering about for quite a while. In my previous post, I was talking a lot about emotions and after watching Ouran High School Host Club again, something inside me seemed to have been awakened. It is this whole concept of passion.

It would seem that among the things that people look out for in others, passion ranks as among the highest attributes that they see. People feel touched when they sense the passion that is within one. All these feelings of passion are what makes people great.

[Ed: I wrote this a bunch of days back, but somehow lost the drive to finish it. I'm going to publish this as is.]

No comments: