Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Friends are Transient---Only Death and Taxes are Certain

And so it begins again, the self-imposed social isolation from the things that distract and annoy me at the same time. Once more I find that the so-called ``friends'' of mine are just nothing but apparitions that flit about carelessly, tipping trash cans and crashing into fragile feelings.

People's lives are evolving yet again, and we find that as time goes by, the divergence gets greater and greater.

I've been a fool to think that friends last forever.

Nothing lasts forever---for every beginning, there is an end. For every end, there will be a new beginning. And the cycle repeats itself, ad nauseum.

Why the sudden bitterness? Probably from a few revelations that I seem to be getting from observing how my world is simultaneously recreating itself and destroying it self at the same time, and from watching other people's manoeuvres in life. It seems that I'm not in the best possible shape there is.

Alright, I'm rambling even now... I should stop. Maybe more will come later...

1 comment:

Mo said...

Ah, taxes ...

The things of this world are temporary.