Wednesday, September 30, 2009

[Slight] Clarifications

So, my previous post probably raised a few more eyebrows than what I might want, so I suppose I ought to say some things to justify what exactly do I mean there.

Here's the general idea: I'm sick of my old self and old life, like, really sick of it. So I'm undergoing a renewal process, which includes, among other things, the cleaning up of various online credentials that I have. If you are reading this, chances are, you're already a part of the renewal process; hurray for you because you are important enough to be on the ``inner sanctum'', which is just a fancy name for ``you appear on my newer account''.

If you are not on the newer account, then you're probably dropped from my ``inner sanctum'' because either we have not talked for so long that I think you've forgotten me, or you and I have ``issues'' that need resolution [but I'm not actually interested in resolving them]. Whatever the case, don't bitch about it (you probably won't, because people who even realise that I am hardly available are probably added to the list anyway, and thus not realise that I am ``missing'').

Pretentiousness aside, I just want to keep my sanity. So much has happened, and I'm officially an adult now, in most senses of the word, considering the fact that I have graduated with a degree and so on. Perhaps it is time to actually start thinking like an adult, instead of some overgrown oversized kid who thinks is cool to write computer programs all day and do nothing else.

If you have the [un]fortunate chance of actually interacting with me, you would also realise that there is something innately different in the way I carry myself and do things. Let's just say I have developed a jaded outlook on life and view everything as being existent without having the strong attachments to its existence. Is this a good thing? Nah, I doubt it. But I'm seriously sick of waiting for people to let me down---I might as well seize life by the balls myself and deal with things my way instead of relying on people for help.

Okay, enough angsty rambling. Off to bed I go, and tomorrow is a long day.

2 comments:

brotherhoodofnod24 said...

Erh? So am I part of your "newer account?" Haha.

[In the case where I'm not, the comment moderation should save the embarrassment. Lol.]

Well I do hope so; I think in the many years to come there will still be plenty of situations where Chun Teck and I will need you and Victor's help. Apologies though, that so far the help have always been one way. Haha.

The_Laptop said...

Well... it's not like I can blot anyone from my life, it's just that for some folks the "faster" access is available.

Folks are still welcomed to send me emails/facebook messages---it's not like I'm going to abandon those anytime soon.