Saturday, June 04, 2011

Musings on a Saturday Night

Well, well, well, it is a Saturday night, and it's just me and Mr JD here chillaxin' in the summer heat.

*takes a sip*

Some might say that it is a terrible day to be drinking any form of hard liquor, but I'm known to make some rather irrational decisions from time to time as part of filling up my quota of ``erring to be human''.

*takes another sip*

On the way home today, I realised a sad truth---I can't actually will myself to cry. It just doesn't work; I get to within a hair's breadth of tearing up, but it stops short there, whether or not I'm listening to sappy lost-love music.

*takes another sip*

Too macho maybe? Who knows? But I suppose that I don't really have a good reason to need to cry; hell, even when I broke my bone those couple of times, even when I had that excruciating pain, all I did was to wince a little and then get up through force of will.

The only times I ever cried where when my grandma was incinerated after death and when some chick had broken up with me.

*takes another sip*

So maybe crying is not the way for me to relieve stress. That's a relief, in some ways---heheheh at least it asserts that I'm still ``macho'' enough. And no, I'm no ``Massive Compact Halo Object'', since I'm still mostly matter the last I checked.

*takes another sip*

I'm kinda going easy on the JD this time round, ever since that little experiment of the Ya Kun coffee went astray. It's probably a shot of JD on the rocks... I know, I know. I don't usually drink hard liquor on the rocks, but tonight's a special occasion to you know, not get too ridiculous from my relative sensitivity to both alcohol and caffeine due to reduction in use.

*takes another sip*

And yes, this is yet another one of those free-form auto-writing experiments ``live''. Yes, when I say that I took another sip, I meant that I had taken another sip of JD indeed. Talk about redudancy.

*takes another sip*

M3h. It's starting to taste like molten ice (it sounds hotter than it is, but trust me, molten ice is just water... really cold water). No need for strong fire tonight---I have the summer heat to thank for that. So I'm just asking for a light buzz of some sort to help me relax a little.

*crunches the ice with teeth*

Yep, that's the last of whatever was in my glass. And this post too, it seems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scotch whisky is pretty good on Sunday morning too.